What girl doesn’t have a memory of licking the beaters or eating finger-scoops full of chocolate chip cookie batter while their mom was baking cookies? It just felt right. Then, “they” started saying we were going to die from doing that because of raw eggs. Well, that just ruined all the fun. Then last year a friend of mine introduced me to a dip that tastes EXACTLY like cookie dough. All the sinful fun without the raw eggs!
Each month the women in my neighborhood get together for a “girls night” and enjoy some non-husband, non-children fun. We rotate host houses and everyone brings a snack to share and their beverage of choice and we sit around and gab. I thought this cookie dough dip would be perfect for such an occasion. And it was – almost every single girl at the get together asked me for the recipe- it was a huge hit!
Be forewarned – this is super sweet and incredibly addicting!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip (adapted from Recipezaar)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 (8-oz) pkg cream cheese
1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
3/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
1. In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar over medium heat. Stir continuously, until the brown sugar dissolves. (You can also do this in the microwave but watch it closely. The butter/sugar mixture will boil over fast. Stir every 30 seconds or so.)
2. Remove from heat, whisk in vanilla extract and set aside to cool.
3. Beat the cream cheese and confectioner’s sugar for 1 minute.
4. Slowly beat in the cooled butter mixture and beat again for another minute.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Pour into a serving bowl and refrigerate.
7. Garnish with additional chips, if you choose.
Serve with Nilla wafers (my choice) or graham crackers.
**Note: after refrigerating the dip it will be pretty solid and un-dippable so make sure to remove it from the refrigerator about 15-30 minutes before you plan on serving it, so it has time to soften up.
Filed under: Appetizers/Snacks